Q: How do I create my website?
A: In addition to managing your facility, Unit Trac offers a public website to every customer. A custom website puts your facility on the Internet and is managed through your Unit Trac account. Pricing, contact information, open unit counts - all of this is kept up to date seamlessly.
See a sample custom website here.
Q: How do I set up my website?
A: Follow these steps to set up your custom site. If you have any questions, please contact us at any time, we are happy to help get this up and going.
- Purchase a domain from a domain registrar (e.g. GoDaddy.com). A registrar can help you find a domain that is not already owned by someone else.
- If using GoDaddy, click on your domain and go to My Products and click on your domain name. From there, select DNS > Manage Zones and point your domain to our servers. Your registrar should provide a way to edit your domain's "zone file."
- Point the A record "@" to 126.96.36.199
- Add or update the CName record "www" to myunittrac.com
- Be patient...the internet takes time to process these changes. Officially it can take up to 48 hours. Our experience has been closer to 5-10 minutes.
- Edit your business profile in Unit Trac at Business > Settings > Business. Enter your domain name (e.g. acmeunits.com).
- Edit your settings in Unit Trac at Business > Settings > Public Website. Choose 'Custom' hosting.
Q: How do I personalize my website?
A: Once you've completed these steps, it's also easy to personalize your website with your logo, facility photo and announcement messages.
Next, go to Business > Settings > Public Website and you can select which files you would like displayed on the website as well tagline, theme and more.
Tip: We suggest turning on the "Site Announcement" and using this area to describe your business. Visit acmeunits.com for examples.
- Describe the type of storage that you offer.
Variety of storage unit sizes available for:
Household goods; contractor equipment; vehicles, boats, snowmobiles; holiday decorations and other seasonal items; furniture and appliances during renovation or remodeling projects and more.
- List your city and a few of the cities/towns that are nearby your location as this will help when someone is searching online for storage.
Serving Morton, Washington, East Peoria and the surrounding area. Locally owned and operated.
Q: How do I improve search results?
A: For some added tips on getting customers to your website click here.
Your website is working hard to get you more business.