How do I create my website?
In addition to managing your facility, Unit Trac offers a public website to every customer. A custom website puts your facility on the Internet and is managed through your Unit Trac account. Pricing, contact information, open unit counts - all of this is kept up to date seamlessly.
See a sample custom website here.
How do I set up my custom site?
Follow these steps to set up your custom site. If you have any questions please contact us.
- Purchase a domain from a domain registrar (e.g. GoDaddy.com). A registrar can help you find a domain that is not already owned by someone else.
- Point your domain to our servers. Your registrar should provide a way to edit your domain's "zone file."
Be patient...the internet takes time to process these changes. Officially it can take up to 48 hours. Our experience has been closer to 5-10 minutes.
Edit your business profile in Unit Trac at Business > Settings > Business. Enter your domain name (e.g. acmeunits.com).
Edit your settings in Unit Trac at Business > Settings > Public Website. Choose "Custom" hosting.
- Point the A record "@" to 188.8.131.52
- Add or update the CName record "www" to myunittrac.com
Once you've completed these steps, it's also easy to personalize your website with your logo, facility photo and announcement messages.
To upload your files, go to Business > Document Library (this is the same location where you would have uploaded your lease documents).
Next, simply go to Business > Settings > Public Website and you can select which files you would like displayed on the website as well tagline, theme and more.
Congratulations! Your website is working hard to get more business for you.
There are a few things that you can do to improve your search results:
- Tell your friends and family to check out your new website and click around (don't just go to the homepage and leave). It helps to get traffic on your site. If you have a social media account like Facebook or Twitter, announce your new website and include a link for your customers and prospective customers to click on.
- Get your free Google business listing.
- Unit Trac can help with your local organic search results, but if you are interested, look into Google Adwords Express - it's like Google AdWords, but for local businesses.
Once your website is created, you can use free resources like Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace to help drive your rentals.
Craiglist post directions
Facebook Marketplace directions
If you have any other questions, let us know. We want to help. Just contact us.