In addition to managing your facility, Unit Trac offers a public website. The website puts your facility on the Internet and is managed through your Unit Trac account. Unit availability, pricing, contact information - all of this is kept up to date seamlessly. Additional features may include online payments and/or online rentals.
Note: It may be helpful to have two tabs open in your browser as you will be going between Unit Trac and the domain registar.
See a sample custom website here.
Q: How do I set up my website?
A: Follow these steps to set up your custom website. If you have any questions, please contact us at any time, we are happy to help get this up and going.
- Purchase a domain through Google Domains. Google Domains will help you find a domain that is not already owned by someone else.
- Go to Business > Settings > Public Website.
- Select 'Connect Domain'.
- Enter your domain in the Domain field.
- Select 'Save'.
- Select 'Verify Domain' to add the following DNS records to Google Domains.
- Copy the CNAME www record and paste into the CNAME www record in Google Domains.
- You will need to add the TXT record field in order to copy the value. Then copy and paste the asuid.www value into the domain registrar.
- Select 'Connect Domain'.
Within Google Domains, go to My Domain's Services and click "Manage" and select "Edit Forwarding." Update the settings noted below - using your actual domain name (not acmeunits.com).
- After updating the records, select 'Verify Now' in Unit Trac. Be patient...the Internet takes time to process these changes. Officially it can take up to 48 hours. Our experience has been closer to 5-10 minutes.
Q: How do I personalize my website?A: Once you've completed the set-up steps above, it's easy to personalize your website with your logo, facility photo and announcement messages within Unit Trac.
- If you have a logo or facility photo that you would like to include on your website, go to Business > Document Library to upload the images. If not, skip to step 2.
- Go to Business > Settings > Public Website and select 'Manage Website'.
- Personalize your website to include an annoucement, adjust the theme color or add links to your Facebook or Twitter pages. If you uploaded a logo or facility photo, you can select the file from the drop-down menu.
- If you would like to change the size description, pricing or icon that is listed on the website, please go to Business > Site Map and click on "Edit Map" to adjust as needed.
Tip: We suggest turning on the "Site Announcement" and using this area to describe your business. Visit acmeunits.com for examples.
- Describe the type of storage that you offer.
Variety of storage unit sizes available for:
Household goods; contractor equipment; vehicles, boats, snowmobiles; holiday decorations and other seasonal items; furniture and appliances during renovation or remodeling projects and more.
- List your city and a few of the cities/towns that are nearby your location as this will help when someone is searching online for storage.
Serving Morton, Washington, East Peoria and the surrounding area. Locally owned and operated.
Q: How do I improve search results?
A: For some added tips on getting customers to your website click here.
* Within Google Domains there are suggestions in 'Get Online with Google'. We sugggest you choose the 'Stand out on Google Search and Map'.
Q: How do I enable online payments or online rentals?
A: Please contact us to enable these features.
Your website is working hard to get you more business.